Typos in essays

I was making some last minute edits to my HKS MPP essays and ended up making some major changes right before the deadline. I ended up rushing to redo the sections that I had edited. I know this was a bad idea. After submitting the essays, I noticed a number instances of awkward wording and a couple typos. For example, I left out the word "to" in one sentence. I know that this is a holistic process, but are my chances now slim due to these typos? It's frustrating that, after all this work, my last ditch effort becomes the nail in the coffin. 

If the content of your essays is great, I wouldn't worry too much - although I completely sympathize, and would probably be going nuts over it if I noticed the same thing. Nothing you can do about it now though, better just to conserve your energy for the celebrations of when you're admitted :) 

Did you also submit a writing sample for the application? That'd be another chance for them to see your writing skills. Or if you've been emailing with any professors at length.