School Specific Information for SoP?

The research proposal for my SoP is complete, but most schools want you to mention specifically why you are applying to their program. I'd be interested in hearing the kinds of things others have included--professors you're interested in, merits of the program, location? I could see doing it a number of different ways, and I'm curious to see what others are doing.

If it matters, I'm applying to English PhD programs--Stanford, Harvard, Yale, UVA, U Penn, UC Berkeley, Brown, U Chicago, Princeton. 

Welcome! I'm an English PhD applicant, too--I'd encourage you to check out the English forum; there's a lot of excellent advice/support on offer there.

In my own SOPs, I've discussed just the sort of things you've mentioned, which varies by program: professors who study some of the same issues that I do or conduct research using similar approaches, with examples (when there is an actual fit); resources for research (libraries, manuscript collections, interdisciplinary centers); opportunities for teaching and professionalization, etc etc etc. I haven't discussed location in any of them as a general thing.