Phone Call from Grad Coordinator?

tulips

So I got a missed call earlier today from a number I did not recognize, but they didn't leave a message. When I looked that number up, it correlated to the number of a professor (and grad advisor) at one of the universities I applied to (and thus I began panicking and berating myself for keeping my phone on vibrate). When I tried to call back, I would just get a busy signal.

Not sure what to make of this. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, especially since they didn't leave a message and because it seems too soon for decisions since their deadline was yesterday. I guess I'll just wait it out to see if they call back again tomorrow, but I'm going to be so distracted for the rest of the night!

Edited by tulips

Don't call back :P It's super awkward to call someone and be like "Did you call me?". This is way easier said than done, but I think the best strategy is to relax and remember that if it was actually really important, they will call back, leave a message or email you. They have a lot of ways of reaching you!!

Just an update, I received another call today (and left my phone not on vibrate this time haha).

I got accepted! :D

Thanks for all your advice, everyone!

Wow, that was fast! Congrats!

Just an update, I received another call today (and left my phone not on vibrate this time haha).

I got accepted! :D

Thanks for all your advice, everyone!

I take it that ChemE doesn't do interviews?