Fall 2015 Civil and Environmental Engineering

jacket24

Does anyone have any ideas about the admission process of CEE, UC Berkeley?

According to the posts on the result search pages, it seems they do not send out all the results of a division at the same time. Also it seems they admit most PhD students later than the master students. I am puzzled by this and still anxiously waiting for the results...Please share the information if you know, thanks a lot!

Here are some results that I compiled for Duke CEE PhD. From the looks of it, it will probably be bad news if we don't hear before April. I'm expecting something within the next 3 weeks...hopefully sooner but they did extend their application deadline this year so who knows. The only thing I've seen posted on the results page so far was one invitation for a campus visit.

http://imgur.com/28MrXP6

Edited by jacket24

I was asked to come to for a campus visit at Duke (applied to the PhD program). So I think they have started reaching out to applicants. But I was also the one person who posted so who knows maybe they got to me early.

Edited by Sidiki

Anyone heard from CEE at UIUC?

They sent out an email saying that most decisions that include funding are made in March, while most decisions without funding are made in April.

Just got an email from MIT - I'm in !!!! So excited! And it came just as I wanted to write here that I have a feeling that this is gonna be the Civil-Eng week  :)

I'm still on shortlist for funding though, does anyone know how quickly they usually give answers for funding?

Good-luck to all of you who are still waiting.

Edited by Aa1

I just got my first acceptance from Carnegie Mellon so I guess you're right. So excited.

Wow, congratulations! Hope more good news are on the way.

Congratulation on your acceptance!  :)

I guess each area of studying gives answer separately, so there's still hope for me... 

I am happy to see that you have been admitted to the only place you applied. Although I am somehow hopeless at this point I am happy to see that you got in, congrats. 

I've only heard back from four out of the ten schools I applied, and I'm expecting the rest this week. Has anyone heard anything from UT Austin or Georgia Tech (structures)?

I've only heard back from four out of the ten schools I applied, and I'm expecting the rest this week. Has anyone heard anything from UT Austin or Georgia Tech (structures)?

Nothing form Georgia Tech. UT Austin sent decision letters in the second week of Feb and few more last week.

I am happy to see that you have been admitted to the only place you applied. Although I am somehow hopeless at this point I am happy to see that you got in, congrats. 

Thank you!

To be honest, it's the only place in the US that I applied to, but I'm already a graduate student at a university in my homeland. It's a very well respected university itself, so I just applied to the school of my dreams, and if they wouldn't accept me I always could finish my master and try again applying for PhD.  ;)

Still not a word from Berkeley?

I applied to Georgia Tech and UT Austin, but in structures. I haven't heard anything back, but I'm guessing decisions will be out either this week or the next!

Did undergrad at UW Seattle in Civil Engineering, applied MS in Structural to Berkeley, UW Seattle, and UC San Diego.

Currently accepted to UCSD but haven't heard from Berkeley or UW Seattle. Anyone heard from either?

Heard back from Georgia Tech as well, but no funding available. Which is pretty similar to a rejection because I'm out of state. I'm assuming at this stage of the game, no admission decisions will be able to offer funding.

Hi there!

Congrats to those who have already been accepted and good luck to applicants who's still waiting for decisions.

As of myself, I am applicant in field of Structural Engineering.

Have no idea how you post this accepted/rejected thing at the bottom, so I will place it right in this letter. =)

Accepted: UCSD, UWashington at Seattle, CU Boulder, UPitt

Rejected: Georgia Tech (saaad)

Interviewed: Columbia

Still waiting: Purdue (fingers crossed!), UBC Vancouver, Virginia Tech

I wonder if any of you, guys, have created a thread for accepted students to any of these universities. I would be more than glad to participate in discussion pertaining to the program features and housing related issues, as I am still not sure which program to choose.

Thanks!

Just heard from CEE at UIUC. I've been recommended for admission, but no funding offer. Quite disappointed, considering that I was in contact with a faculty member and he seemed pretty interested. Guess he changed his mind. Don't even know if i should send him a mail informing him or not. Whew!