CAA Directories of Graduate Programs

arthistorydream

Its IMPOSSIBLE to find.

If you live near or around NYC go to CAA and ask to see it (7th Ave at 25th?) - Thats what I did. After searching Interloan Library, New York and New Jersey library systems - the answer is no one else has it. Yet, when looking at it, you can't take notes on what it says - thats only if you buy it.

But, heres the catch -- once I found it I thought it was of no help what so ever. All the info can be found online. It lists the name, the degrees offered, the location, the specialties (which are usually all the same, because they are rather broad as in Ancient, Modern etc...) and that you need LORs, Transcripts etc. Everything you can find online. Specifically, I was looking for median GRE scores - and only a few schools offered that info. If I remember correctly, the most specific was Yale which looks for 600-800 (big range, no?) and Cambridge which wants a 3.8 GPA.

Does this help any? Maybe, if you have a specific question it will jar my memory? :wink:

My school's library had it, only because the professors requested it ordered. I'm sure the budget has already passed so it may not be possible to order it before next year for your school, but this could be an option to ask them about. Most professors BELONG to the caa and your department's DGS may own it for reference.

Also, just to know, my library only has it as reference and it can not be ILL, so just check your area's websites.

Also, it's really only good to see how many applicants a school can take, how many are offered admissions and how many are offered funding. It also helps to know what professors are tenured vs. adjunct. It gives useful information but it may not be helpful.

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I was stressing about getting a copy because I was under the impression that it was the best way to look for PhD & MA Art History programs. I have been using the website phds.org to help me with my search. What other ways would you recommend?

• 2 weeks later...