Community Psychology 2015

Ilspflouz

Hi everyone!

Are there many other people here who applied to Community or Clinical-Community Psychology PhD programs this application season?

I've seen a small number of results(e.g 1-2) posted for the programs I applied to and was wondering if that was due to a very small amount of applicants on this site who applied to comm/clinical-comm programs or due to there being a very small amount of invites being sent out.

Just trying to get a feel for if anyone else is in the same boat as me.  :)

I applied to the community psych program at University of North Carolina Charlotte. 

Great to know I'm not the only comm psych person on here.  :) Have you heard anything yet? I've gotten 1 interview so far so I'm starting to be pretty nervous. 

Not sure it's *technically* community, but there's a pretty big emphasis on community psychology within the curriculum.. Applied to the PhD Psychology in the Public Interest at NC State, which you knew already, Journey! 

Still impatiently awaiting a word of some kind.

Great to know I'm not the only comm psych person on here.  :) Have you heard anything yet? I've gotten 1 interview so far so I'm starting to be pretty nervous. 

Oh wow congratulations, that's fantastic! Did you apply to the clinical program there? If you are talking about UMD College Park, I am jealous because that campus is gorgeous. How many schools did you apply to?

Not sure it's *technically* community, but there's a pretty big emphasis on community psychology within the curriculum.. Applied to the PhD Psychology in the Public Interest at NC State, which you knew already, Journey! 

Still impatiently awaiting a word of some kind.

Hi MyDogHasAPhD. :)  I applied to the PsyPI program at NC State also but it was kind of a question mark if my POI was accepting so I don't anticipate hearing back. Congrats on the interview though! 

Oh wow congratulations, that's fantastic! Did you apply to the clinical program there? If you are talking about UMD College Park, I am jealous because that campus is gorgeous. How many schools did you apply to?

It is the College Park, but I applied to the Family Science program there. I'm also applied to NCSU PPI program. Waiting...

This can't be good for the heart...

I applied to six programs, total. And Thanks!

Edited by Journey2015

It is the College Park, but I applied to the Family Science program there. I'm also applied to NCSU PPI program. Waiting...

This can't be good for the heart...

I applied to six programs, total. And Thanks!

I second this. Pizza/netflix//all the other things I am using to fry my brain while waiting seem to be having little effect on making time go by faster. Plus I work in front of a computer all day so I spend way too much time on this site. Eek. Hopefully the fact that we've all heard from one school means good news for our application prospects! I had a phone interview with UIUC's clinical/community psych program a bit ago & saw some acceptances on the results page today so I'm starting to freak a little.

Any chance anyone has info on DePaul/UVA/Portland State's Comm Psych program, BGSU's Clinical-Comm Psych program, or Georgetown's Human Development and Public Policy program they'd consider passing along or can point me to where they've seen any? 

got an official no from University of South Carolina today. Anybody apply to Vanderbilt's community research and action program?

:( I'm sorry. This rejection really really sucks. I haven't heard from a single program except one and it was killing me for awhile! Onto other options I guess. Blargh. Unfortunately I didn't apply to Vanderbilt so I can't help you much there. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been accepted at DePaul? I interviewed and was told I am at the top of the wait-list. However, they have already offered their 3 spots and cannot accept me until one of those three declines. Hoping to get off the wait-list!

I applied to NCSU and UNCC.

I had interviews, but I'm still sitting impatiently in limbo. Does anybody know what is going on?!

(Also, above poster, I didn't not apply to DePaul, so I have no info)

Edited by TheMercySeat

@TheMercySeat, I think for UNCC they are still in process... There are some people who have been offered acceptance but no guarantee on funding. I think that they are 1) Trying to figure out the funding situation (apparently something happened that messed it all up within the last couple months), and 2) Waiting to see who accepts and rejects their initial offers. 

My *guess* would be you're on the waiting list if you haven't heard from them yet.