My advisor is leaving. Should I go with him?

I am in the second semester of the first year in a PhD program. Although I had better options when deciding school, the reason that I chose my current school was mainly because of my advisor (Yeah first years do not have official advisor, but he agreed to be my advisor in the program). But he decided to move to another institution after this semester, and he is giving me the option to go with him and start from the beginning there (no credit would be transferred). That school has slightly better reputation and research rank, and my current school has better networked faculty members, And I am fully satisfied with my program now. 

At first, he told me we can keep the relation even after he leaves and I can still get the benefit of my current school. But now, he is strongly recommending me to go with him. I am leaning toward to staying here as no credit will be transferred if I move and also for some personal reason. But, as he is strongly persuading me, it is hard to tell him that I will stay here. Am I making silly decision? Would he stop working with me if I do not go with him?

Have you double checked the program handbook of the potential new program to ensure that no credit would transfer? That would be my first step. Then, think about what the funding situation will be if you move to the new institution. Would you be funded? Is that funding enough for you to live comfortably? Then there's the educational aspects. Would you have to do rotations again? Is the new institution more prestigious than your current one, equivalent, or less prestigious? If you stay where you are, will you be able to find a new advisor easily? If not, then you may need to go with this person to the new institution. These are just some of the things you should be thinking about. 

Rising_star raises all good points.  The other thing I would think about if you stay and he leaves, but he is still willing to be your primary advisor -- is that really the best for you?  I would worry that so early in your program - not having a faculty member physically in your dept that currently knows you well may be very detrimental when you run into hiccups along the way.  He won't have much if any power in your department if or when you need him to advocate on your behalf.

Also how well do you work with this person?  If you work well together and there is no one else that has similar enough research interests or you feel like you could work well with, it might make more sense to follow your advisor to his new institution.  You could also see if he could negotiate with the dept and get you waived out of certain first year requirements so perhaps you will only lose a semester - but not a year.  And yes - definitely check on the funding situation.  That is also important.