Advanced standing

daisydukes

Does advanced standing applicants hear back earlier if they are accepted or not? Im asking because don't the 1 year programs start in the summer, like May or June?

I would say yes if the program starts in the summer for that specific school. I applied to CSULB on 1/7 and heard back on 1/29 as an advanced standing student.

Yeah, it probably depends on the school.

For example, at a meeting last month for Cal State Long Beach, they said they try to finish decisions on Advanced Standing applications earlier because of an important orientation meeting in March.

Whichever school(s) you applied to, you probably will hear back soon.  Good luck.

Yeah, it probably depends on the school.

For example, at a meeting last month for Cal State Long Beach, they said they try to finish decisions on Advanced Standing applications earlier because of an important orientation meeting in March.

Whichever school(s) you applied to, you probably will hear back soon.  Good luck.

May I ask what else they talked about at this meeting? I live 12 hours away and was unable to make it. BTW, do you know when CSUDH will be sending out admissions decisions?

May I ask what else they talked about at this meeting? I live 12 hours away and was unable to make it. BTW, do you know when CSUDH will be sending out admissions decisions?

It was a brief overview of social work and an introduction to their MSW program (the differences, field placement, background, application process, etc...).  It was a meeting for those interested in applying to their MSW program.  If you're asking about the other meeting, the one they mentioned that is in March, is intended for those who plan on being in their Advanced Standing program.  My memory isn't the best, but I think they said the orientation meeting is early so they can begin getting students ready...not just with classes...but I think they said they want to meet students to get them prepared for assigning field placement.  But don't quote me on that...I'm sure Lisa or Dr. Meyer-Adams will send you more info if you decide to accept their admissions offer.

Regarding CSUDH, based on what others have said from previous years, it seems (in general), CSUDH can sometimes take a while to send out admissions decisions.  They use rolling admissions, so one factor is how early you submitted your application.  If you got into CSULB, then most likely, you'll probably get into CSUDH too. Congratulations!