Washington State, Spokane

I'm sure you did fine! :-) I'm just glad they didn't ask any content based questions.

I was asked about a 4 year old who tests within normal limits, what would my approach be? Is that not content based? Did you not have something like that?

Edited by bettercallsaul

I felt like I wasn't really prepared for the types of questions asked. I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting so that makes me nervous. But yes they were super friendly!

Yea, same here. I was thinking, I know more about this program than any other I've applied to, I'm familiar with the faculties' interests, I'm gonna ace this. But then the questions were so lame. Like I was applying for a retail position at the Gap!

Edited by bettercallsaul

Did anyone find out whenabouts we should hear something? Also, do many people get rejected after the interview, or do you think this is the acceptance/waitlist pool?

I was asked about a 4 year old who tests within normal limits, what would my approach be? Is that not content based? Did you not have something like that?

No, I was actually asked that question as well, but I meant content in terms of quizzing us on anatomy/phonetics questions. One of my friends interviewed at a school where they asked her questions about manner, place, and voicing.

Oh and I didn't specifically here this from them, but for the last two years they haven't sent out decisions until the end of March. This is according to the results page on here anyways...

No, I was actually asked that question as well, but I meant content in terms of quizzing us on anatomy/phonetics questions. One of my friends interviewed at a school where they asked her questions about manner, place, and voicing.

I would've found that very easy. Darn.

I had an interview yesterday, too. Unfortunately, I was having a hard time hearing.. can anyone tell me the other faculty member that was with Dr. Meredith? I feel horrible that I don't even know!  :unsure:

I had an interview yesterday, too. Unfortunately, I was having a hard time hearing.. can anyone tell me the other faculty member that was with Dr. Meredith? I feel horrible that I don't even know!  :unsure:

hmmm, I interviewed with Dr. Madison and Professor Georgina Lynch so maybe there were different interview groups? 

So what was the correct answer? 

hmmm, I interviewed with Dr. Madison and Professor Georgina Lynch so maybe there were different interview groups? 

Yea, there must have been. I had different interviewers but same day. I'm so nervous about results. I'm having doubts about this program (well I'm having doubts about all of them), but I actually traveled to Spokane to check it out, and I'm here as we speak. Not willing to go to the campus yet, but the city and its surroundings look great!

Did anyone find out whenabouts we should hear something? Also, do many people get rejected after the interview, or do you think this is the acceptance/waitlist pool?

Well, now I know the answer to this question, because I was rejected from Utah State University after my interview, which I take as quite an insult because I've heard they have a three-tiered waiting list. They could've at least done me the courtesy of putting me at the bottom after putting up with their affected voices and feigned positive responses to my answers! ;) Well, at least I know they didn't like me at all. Truth is, I was just evicted from my cousin's house 3 days before (for literally trying to "mess" with the WiFi by extending it to my room with a hotspot) and I was pretty emotional. My head wasn't in the right place, but I still thought my interview went well. Surprising how that works out: Someone isn't the least bit impressed with you even though they act like they are to your face. What a weird country we live in. 

Edited by bettercallsaul