Phd in Oral Biology

magicbunny83

Hello all,

I am an international dentist contemplating to apply for PhD in Oral Biology for Fall 2016. I have only a brief research experience of 10 months in basic research though I would want to build on that this year. If any international dentist already in the PhD program , could give an insight, it'd be great. I wanted to know if my inadequate research experience would get in the way of my acceptance in an oral biology PhD program. My plan is to achieve my DDS later (2 years for foreign dentists)  and join dental school as a faculty while having the ability to practice dentistry as an associate dentist whenever time permits.

Please guide. Thank you very much.  :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am an international student and recently accepted into a PhD in oral biology at a couple of places. I will most likely settle at UNC. I had previously done a Masters in oral biology from UMN in 2012 as a Fulbright scholar.

In my opinion the admission depends a lot on your research experience. If you have a publication it helps too. off course test scores matter too! What did u do in the 10 months research? Where was it? Did you learn a lot of skills during the project? They do look at the complete package but off course having good research experience and motivation matters the most. Let me know if you have further questions