Planning Clothes for Campus Visit

aemosier

Ok, so I know that this gets posted on here a lot, but everything I am finding is focused more towards females. I will be attending a campus visit at the end of the month and planning out my trip and what to wear once there. I have already been accepted and offered a financial aid package with T.A. position, but I want to leave a good impression on the faculty and everyone there. I'll be going for a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences: Microbiology at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, but coming from a small southern liberal arts college, I'm a little lost in some of the general niceties of these things. Thanks in advance to everyone for your responses and assistance.

You can never go wrong for business casual.  What's the worst that happens? You're slightly overdressed?

Wear slacks/khakis and a button down. No tie, no jacket.

Why not ask the department secretary of what is expected?  When I got an invite to my top choice's interview/recruitment weekend, I asked the department secretary of the expected attire for the weekend.

However, I will echo Edge's suggestion with going for business casual.