This would be my nightmare

jacket24

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but apparently the Carnegie Mellon Computer Science program sent out acceptance letters to the wrong students. See the link below for details:

http://newsfeed.gawker.com/worlds-best-computer-science-program-tells-wrong-studen-1686290968

As if the whole process and waiting in agony isn't cruel enough...

I have heard this happens from time to time, but never on such a large scale.  In my opinion CMU should do the right thing and at least work with those applicants to see if they cannot come to some sort of agreement.  A year's supply of Heinz ketchup would be nice.  Or tickets to a Stillers game of their choosing.  Or perhaps offering them a guaranteed spot during the next cycle. 

I have heard this happens from time to time, but never on such a large scale.  In my opinion CMU should do the right thing and at least work with those applicants to see if they cannot come to some sort of agreement.  A year's supply of Heinz ketchup would be nice.  Or tickets to a Stillers game of their choosing.  Or perhaps offering them a guaranteed spot during the next cycle. 

I think ketchup reparation is probably the most likely of those scenarios. Apparently it affected (read: devastated) around 800 applicants. 

Edited by jacket24