Latest to hear back

Ani92

I read that you should be hearing by mid-March from most places. If you don't hear by then or a week or so after that, then I am of the mindset that it is acceptable to call the programs to inquire about if their committee has met or if a decision has been reached. I know one of my program deadlines isn't until March 1 even though the application has been done for quite some time. 

Ani92, what program/type of program are you applying to? Ive applied to PhD programs in biomedical sciences. I heard back from Baylor middle of January, already had an interview and heard back with my admission status. Two other schools I've applied to I still haven't heard a thing. I know for one school, their last interview weekend is march 5-7, so I too am wondering how late could they offer me an interview? 1 week before?

I read that you should be hearing by mid-March from most places. If you don't hear by then or a week or so after that, then I am of the mindset that it is acceptable to call the programs to inquire about if their committee has met or if a decision has been reached. I know one of my program deadlines isn't until March 1 even though the application has been done for quite some time. 

Agreed. One school I applied to (sent the application the first week in Jan.) and I just received an interview invitation yesterday. Their deadline was something like Feb. 15th(not sure of the date, but mid-Feb sounds right). I have done several interviews (with my top 2 choice schools) but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. With the first choice school, it's only been a week post-interview so I'm not surprised. At this point this interview is a back up choice, but still has really interesting research so I would be happy attending there if I'm rejected from my other two schools.

I'm getting a bit restless too. I applied to both a master's and PhD in biomedical science at University of SC, as well as a PhD in Experimental Psychology there. I also applied to a master's in biomedical science at the Medical University of South Carolina and have not heard anything back about either acceptance or rejection. My applications all still say "decision pending". It's almost March, and if I get an offer, I'd like to start making preparations to move already!

Whens the latest you can expect to get accepted? So far, Ive heard nothing about acceptances. ITS ALMOST MARCH and I'm freaking out!!!

I've been wondering this too..I've had two interviews, a whole lot of rejections, and heard nothing from some schools (and nothing after the two interviews). I don't know if I should be freaking out this much or if this is normal. I just want to hear back!

Ani92, what program/type of program are you applying to? Ive applied to PhD programs in biomedical sciences. I heard back from Baylor middle of January, already had an interview and heard back with my admission status. Two other schools I've applied to I still haven't heard a thing. I know for one school, their last interview weekend is march 5-7, so I too am wondering how late could they offer me an interview? 1 week before?

I've applied to biosciences/ biomath/ computational bio programs. Some schools may not even interview you, just accept you outright?

I actually got an email today and got one acceptance!! (I'm FREAKING OUT SO HAPPY about it, even though its not my first choice)

I think I'm gonna wait till last week of March and start calling them. It could also be that people who haven't heard back are on a waitlist and schools just don't care enough to let us know..  :unsure:

I've applied to biosciences/ biomath/ computational bio programs. Some schools may not even interview you, just accept you outright?

I actually got an email today and got one acceptance!! (I'm FREAKING OUT SO HAPPY about it, even though its not my first choice)

I think I'm gonna wait till last week of March and start calling them. It could also be that people who haven't heard back are on a waitlist and schools just don't care enough to let us know..  :unsure:

Congratulations! Good news is good news! 

Some schools yes, may not interview you and will make a decision without that element. Every school operates differently though. Some may wait to notify for certain statuses, my undergrad school notified applicants if they were not selected through the first round of interviews, but maybe they were accepted for the second. I think having in mind that you will contact them should be fine. Good luck with your other schools!