Question for Cal State Applicants!

JohnWK

So I was accepted to a graduate program at a CSU, but I'm still waiting on receiving admissions from the university itself. I'm just wondering: is it possible to get accepted to the program, but not the university, therefore not being able to attend grad school/making the grad school admissions decision null?

Thank you!

Yes it is possible, but very unlikely. They typically try to avoid pissing off that department if they give a recommendation for your admission.

Alright, thanks for the reply. I guess I should try to be patient. I just don't like the fact that I'm in, but not really? Idk if that makes sense hahah. This kinda sucks though..

I did read one horror story on this board about this exact scenario -- someone was recommended for admission by the program, they celebrated, told their friends and family ... and then the graduate division decided not to accept the recommendation. it's possible. 

I did read one horror story on this board about this exact scenario -- someone was recommended for admission by the program, they celebrated, told their friends and family ... and then the graduate division decided not to accept the recommendation. it's possible. 

That would destroy me.

The same thing happened to me with CSULB and I just recieved the university acceptance. It is highly unlikely that you won't get admission when the program has accepted you.

When did you turn in your CSU Mentor application? I turned my in over 6 months ago, and still no response...