Urban Planning - Canadian Applicants

Hey everyone!

There isn't much activity over on the Cyburbia forums, so I thought some of you might be hanging out here.

Who's all applying for Urban Planning for the fall? I'll most likely be at Ryerson, which I'm super excited about. It fits perfectly with my career goals. 

I've applied at Queen's and McGill. I was accepted to Queen's a week ago and I'm still waiting on McGill. I'm getting a bit worried as McGill is my first choice and I'll need to let Queen's know of my decision by next week. Congrats on being accepted to Ryerson and McGill! Mind sharing your stats and when you applied? 

I've applied at Queen's and McGill. I was accepted to Queen's a week ago and I'm still waiting on McGill. I'm getting a bit worried as McGill is my first choice and I'll need to let Queen's know of my decision by next week. Congrats on being accepted to Ryerson and McGill! Mind sharing your stats and when you applied? 

Hey! Sure. GPA is a bit complicated because I have a lot of transfer credits--but an A average at my home uni.

3 years experience in communications/web design

1 year as a coordinator of an environmental and community based co-operative 

1 summer working in policy at the provincial level 

1 outreach/research internship with a community centre in a disadvantaged neighbourhood

Various volunteer gigs at community/planning-based events

2 semesters abroad (one was just in another part of Canada)

strong LORs

I applied by their Jan deadline--I think it was due the 15th? 

Edited by blaine241