University of Arizona Applicants/Acceptances 2015

I got accepted in UA yesterday also for the MA SLP program. I would like to hear more about it and see if people like the area/program so I would love some insight as well!

Definitely would need to get an out-of-state tuition waiver and/or graduate assistantship in order to go there! If I read it correctly grad school tuition is about $14k a semesterrr for non-resident and $5,800 a semester for resident, $3,200 a semester for grad assistant.  That helps me a lot in deciding whether or not to go there so hopefully it helps you a little too!

Edited by akgirl1992

Congrats to you all! I also applied to U of A, but I haven't heard anything from them since I submitted my application. I wonder if you got some notice or email from them after the department received your application? I don't know if I should email them to ask my application status....I keep checking the application webpage but the status never changes....

Congrats to you all! I also applied to U of A, but I haven't heard anything from them since I submitted my application. I wonder if you got some notice or email from them after the department received your application? I don't know if I should email them to ask my application status....I keep checking the application webpage but the status never changes....

Even with being accepted, nothing has changed on the application status on the portal. You could definitely e-mail them to check... Although I haven't had the best of luck getting responses via e-mail (about transcripts). 

Has everyone who has been accepted been accepted to the 3 year program for out of field majors or for the 2 year program as well?

I was accepted out of field, and it seems that the majority of the results posted were out of field as well. I also looked at the last couple years' admissions stats on the Results page, and it looks like they notify the out of field applicants in a first wave and then notify the 2-year students a couple days later.

I got accepted for the 2-year program and am also out-of-state, so it will depend a lot on whether or not I get that waiver...

I know how you feel...  :unsure: 

Best of luck to you. 

Has anyone heard about funding yet? I'm getting nervous... waiting patiently is not a strength of mine.

I have yet to hear anything. If we haven't heard anything by next week I will make sure to ask them about it and get an estimate of when we should know if we are getting any financial waivers/help/TA positions! (When I visit the department next week)

Edited by akgirl1992

I have yet to hear anything. If we haven't heard anything by next week I will make sure to ask them about it and get an estimate of when we should know if we are getting any financial waivers/help/TA positions! (When I visit the department next week)

Still waiting as well. I am thinking about visiting as well... Would be nice to know the finances before making the trip. We don't really have much time though. 4 weeks until April 15. I don't want to make my decision that late anyway...

Still waiting as well. I am thinking about visiting as well... Would be nice to know the finances before making the trip. We don't really have much time though. 4 weeks until April 15. I don't want to make my decision that late anyway...

4 WEEKS!? That seems so soon... I thought there was more time than that. 

For those of you visiting the department, would you mind posting what you think of it? I'm definitely not going to be able to visit so any info would be helpful :) 

4 WEEKS!? That seems so soon... I thought there was more time than that. 

For those of you visiting the department, would you mind posting what you think of it? I'm definitely not going to be able to visit so any info would be helpful :)

I'm thinking of visiting. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know. Do you have any specific things you would like to know?

Hi all! I got my acceptance to U of A last night for the extended program, as an out-of-field applicant. I am so excited! 

I haven't visited and likely won't be able to... can anyone provide some insights for me? 

Congrats to all of those accepted! 

Hi Schatzie,

Did you apply for Fall 15?

Hi guys :)

I'm new to this forum but I've been stalking it since September! I also just got admitted to UA, and it's my number one choice--however, I can't attend if I don't get funding...has anyone called the office to ask when we will receive funding notifications, and what kind of funding is generally available? I'm also an out-of-field applicant, and I'm not sure if that is taken into consideration when awarding assistantships, seeing as I've only taken one prereq.

Also, has anyone talked to a current UA student to get their perspective on the program? Having a contact like that would be an invaluable source of information!

I am also trying to go visit April 3rd! I don't know if it will be an option, but please do let us know what you think :)

I'm thinking of visiting. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know. Do you have any specific things you would like to know?

I would like to know how big of a factor research is... it says on their website that students are "strongly encouraged" to complete a thesis. What does that mean? I have done research in the past and I know I am not a huge fan, so a strong emphasis would be a turn off for me.

I'd also really like to know about the environment. Is it competitive? Relaxed? Are the students mega-stressed out? How accessible are faculty and advisors? Do students have to make appointments or is there an open-door policy? 

The last big thing is flexibility and practicum opportunities; for example, if I find a specific area that I'm really interested in, can I pursue it through electives and/or practicum placements, or are the degree plan and practicum placements more concrete for everyone? 

Hi guys :)

I'm new to this forum but I've been stalking it since September! I also just got admitted to UA, and it's my number one choice--however, I can't attend if I don't get funding...has anyone called the office to ask when we will receive funding notifications, and what kind of funding is generally available? I'm also an out-of-field applicant, and I'm not sure if that is taken into consideration when awarding assistantships, seeing as I've only taken one prereq.

Also, has anyone talked to a current UA student to get their perspective on the program? Having a contact like that would be an invaluable source of information!

I am also trying to go visit April 3rd! I don't know if it will be an option, but please do let us know what you think :)

Same here regarding funding... My acceptance letter said that info about money would come out in the next couple weeks. I assume they'll have it to us by the first week of April, at the latest. Fingers crossed. It seems to me like there is a lot of funding available, at least, that's what the website made it sound like. 

I haven't talked to an UA student because I don't know any! Would love to though. 

Same here regarding funding... My acceptance letter said that info about money would come out in the next couple weeks. I assume they'll have it to us by the first week of April, at the latest. Fingers crossed. It seems to me like there is a lot of funding available, at least, that's what the website made it sound like. 

I haven't talked to an UA student because I don't know any! Would love to though. 

The website has purposefully vague and noncommittal wording. "If available"... Well, that's a big "if." Lol. This is typical of graduate programs though - they can't really guarantee anything but programs tend to have a track record of what they have been able to provide in the past.

Since the last visit day is April 3, I am hoping to we hear back well before that. Maybe this week? Or next?  ^_^

Is anyone going to the one tomorrow?