Elliott School 2015

Has anyone heard back about the Wolcott Foundation scholarship yet? Looking at posts from previous years it looks like they started notifying people in mid-March, even though their website says early April...

I haven't heard back from it. I even emailed them asking if they had already sent out acceptances, and I haven't heard back.

Is there anyone here still waiting? I'm pretty astounded they said they would send out all decisions by the end of last week and I'm still waiting.

I just got an email tonight! They sent one to at 5:50 est. I was accepted (no funding), so there's still hope for everyone who hasn't heard! I have no idea why they've staggered it like this. Maybe they're waiting to see how many admitted students decline right away.

Edited by MalloryMac

I just got an email tonight! They sent one to me at 5:50pm. I was accepted (no funding), so there's still hope for everyone who hasn't heard! I have no idea why they've staggered it like this. Maybe they're waiting to see how many admitted students decline right away.

Congratz Mac!

Congratz Mac!

Thank you! I had no idea what to expect coming into this, and have been happily surprised by getting into three programs  :)  Now it's time to really figure out which program is right for me AND try to figure out if going back to school is a smart investment..

Wolcott wrote back and let me know that I wasn't selected, but everyone should be hearing soon. Good luck to everyone else

I'm sorry to hear that! Did you email them and they wrote back to let you know that you didn't receive one, or did they send you a generic letter? I ask because it seemed like in the past the committee for the Wolcott only sent letters to those who received the fellowship, but they didn't send out letters to everyone else letting them know they didn't receive one.

Edited by kaseyleigh

Finally got a response. Wait listed

Welcome to the club. If you want any saving grace, I would think GW has the highest waitlist-to-acceptance rate just because of how many other people that get in go to SAIS/SFS and other programs. 

Welcome to the club. If you want any saving grace, I would think GW has the highest waitlist-to-acceptance rate just because of how many other people that get in go to SAIS/SFS and other programs. 

DCB - have you heard back from GWU since accepting their offer for the waitlist? 

DCB - have you heard back from GWU since accepting their offer for the waitlist?

Nope. I believe April 1st was the deadline for waitlist to respond so hopefully we'll see some movement soon. Thought it was kinda strange they used google forms to accept the waitlist spot. I was waitlisted at SAIS and they had me personally email them and subsequently they confirmed.

I'm sorry to hear that! Did you email them and they wrote back to let you know that you didn't receive one, or did they send you a generic letter? I ask because it seemed like in the past the committee for the Wolcott only sent letters to those who received the fellowship, but they didn't send out letters to everyone else letting them know they didn't receive one.

I emailed them to ask, and they responded to my email. I also noticed that it seemed like those who weren't selected never heard back otherwise, so that's why I decided to check.

Has anyone on the waitlist heard when decisions will be released?

Called today and the lady on the phone said around April 15th. Much sooner than I expected.

I went the 'GWU Online-Student Admit Day' on April 7, which probably covered way less than the one on April 10. I was pleased with the online one in regards to fit and opportunities beyond and within the classroom. But, I wish I went to the one on April 10 to get advice on housing and financial aid.

I actually might make a thread next week for living advice/plans for 'GWU Elliott students.' Foggy Bottom seems to have one of the 'most' expensive housing rates in DC...and I'm either contemplating of getting roommates 'close to GWU' or living alone and making a 5-10 minute from Arlington,VA...

Called today and the lady on the phone said around April 15th. Much sooner than I expected.

Hmm...I called in today and they said we should expect updates after May 1st. Let me know if you hear something sooner. 

Hmm...I called in today and they said we should expect updates after May 1st. Let me know if you hear something sooner.

Weird. I too was surprised by the April 15th date, especially considering that in the past waitlist decisions have come in May. But she seemed very sure about that April 15th date. And, I mean, they asked us to respond by April 1, compares to SAIS who asked me to respond by May 1. I would think that would mean they're making a quicker decision, but who knows.

Just received an e-mail informing me of my acceptance off the waitlist for the Security Studies Program. Not sure if it's going out for everybody, but I have received mine.

Tough deal. Just deposited at American.....but the lure of GW is real.

Congrats for getting off the wait list. It kind of sucks that it happened on the same day that you paid American. I don't know if all schools are firm about their claims of not refunding people their money back. I know that some do and some don't. I  just declined my offer at American...after realizing that they had a deadline due yesterday.

I still haven't paid my GW tuition deposit yet, despite accepting the offer. Hope to pay it next week or so.

I made an account just to comment. I also got accepted off the waitlist today (for the IA program). Pleasantly surprised because my undergrad grades were, uh, lacking, but after I was waitlisted I managed to land a new job that looks really good on paper, so I wrote in to tell them, and I think that probably drove their decision. Going to mail my old college professor a nice card to say thanks again.