Elliott School 2015

This was just a general fellowship! No word yet on the Wolcott. Seems like no one else has heard either?

I thought mine was $5K per semester, until I saw your post, and now I'm questioning mine too. "In your first and second years, you will receive $ 5,000 to be applied toward tuition in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017." I think that means $5K per semester? Is that what yours said too?

I concur with the aforementioned sentiments. It's unclear from the wording on the funding email if the fellowship is per semester, or one time...

If someone calls or emails to find out, please do let us know.

I thought mine was $5K per semester, until I saw your post, and now I'm questioning mine too. "In your first and second years, you will receive $ 5,000 to be applied toward tuition in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017." I think that means $5K per semester? Is that what yours said too?

I got that as well, and also assumed it was $5k each semester, so $10k each year. That would be phenomenal but we could very well be wrong  :P

So I didn't apply to this program at all, but wow, that is the most cryptically worded sentence ever. I keep going back and forth on what that actually means. Despite the fact that I have no vested interest in this issue, I'll be very curious to hear what the answer ultimately ends up being!

Mine said "In your first and second years, you will receive $ 8,000 to be applied toward tuition in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017."

So I guess that means 4 x $8,000 = $32,000 over 2 years? 

I think you are misinterpreting it. It is saying your total is $8,000 and that will be divided up over 4 semesters. So $4,000 per academic year. Or I could be wrong because whoever wrote these admissions letters is an idiot.

Edited by kingthearab

I think you are misinterpreting it. It is saying your total is $8,000 and that will be divided up over 4 semesters. So $4,000 per academic year. Or I could be wrong because whoever wrote these admissions letters is an idiot.

I think that at the least, it means 8k/year, to be applied towards each of the four semesters. I see it as an equivalent of "each year, you will get 8k, which will be divided equally for each semester". Bizarre wording, whatever the answer may be. 

Edited by Sjn092

So just to clarify, my e-mail said -- "In your first and second years, you will receive $ 8,000 to be applied toward tuition in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017." According to the person in the admissions office, that means $8k/semester, $16k/year....So a total of $32k over the two years. 

Hope that helps clear things up! 

So just to clarify, my e-mail said -- "In your first and second years, you will receive $ 8,000 to be applied toward tuition in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017." According to the person in the admissions office, that means $8k/semester, $16k/year....So a total of $32k over the two years. 

Hope that helps clear things up! 

Wow. I think kingthearab owes me a beer now :D

When I looked on the form, it says I was accepted with "No concentration."  Does that I mean I get to choose a concentration? 

I think it's something you can choose freely after you're accepted. Obviously for admissions, you wanted to tell them which concentration you intended to study, to show them you had a serious plan. But for most schools, after admissions you're free to choose completely different concentrations within your degree.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Emailed the office of graduate admissions and they confirmed in writing that it's per-semester so "you will receive $ 5,000 to be applied toward tuition in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017" means $20k total for the program, which is excellent news!  Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!

Does anyone know if we haven't received word of a fellowship/funding yesterday, are they still coming out.  if we didn't receive them yesterday, then that means no funding?

Does anyone know if we haven't received word of a fellowship/funding yesterday, are they still coming out.  if we didn't receive them yesterday, then that means no funding?

ESIA did a lot of rolling admissions since Friday until yesterday, and fellowship/funding notifications always came separately. I'm personally thinking it's safe to be optimistic until the end of the week that we may get a funding email from them.

I was accepted for ITIP and asked that question directly to the admissions office. The reply was that Fellowship information would be coming out "soon". 

I think it's safe to assume more people will be getting money and eventually those who will not will be notified.

Yet again, "soon" is pretty vague.

Yeah hopefully!

ESIA did a lot of rolling admissions since Friday until yesterday, and fellowship/funding notifications always came separately. I'm personally thinking it's safe to be optimistic until the end of the week that we may get a funding email from them.

I was accepted for ITIP and asked that question directly to the admissions office. The reply was that Fellowship information would be coming out "soon". 

I think it's safe to assume more people will be getting money and eventually those who will not will be notified.

Yet again, "soon" is pretty vague.

Yeah I got into ITIP too and hoping they're just lagging with responses haha

Did you guys get a call from a number with a DC area code?

Got one of these today. But, it was just a personal welcome call from my SIS program. My heart dropped at first because I thought it was Elliott at first lol....

Edited by Guest