Saint Mary's College/ Indiana

Hello,

I noticed a few people posting acceptances on the admissions page. Congratulations to those admitted! However, has anyone else heard anything from them? It says on their website they were going to be conducting interviews. Were those accepted also interviewed? Sorry for all the questions. As many of you may understand, this waiting has become so stressful!

Thanks!!!

Hey Ctor,

I was accepted via email last Friday the 6th! It came as a shock because like you said, I thought they were going to conduct interviews and I was never contacted for an interview. I'm not sure now whether they are in fact going to hold interviews or not for any of the applicants. My acceptance letter stated that I would be getting material in the mail this week so I'm hoping this provides more insight for you/me. I'll be back to post to let you know more once I receive it! If you haven't heard from them this week, I would send an email asking where they are at in the process of making decisions. Can't hurt! I submitted my application on 1/13 so it might just be that they're sending out acceptances in waves based on submittal date. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Edited by Madgab14

I just heard back from them today! I was placed on the wait list. I am so thankful and excited to discover I was not rejected! I hope that I get a chance to attend! 

Ugh, it's such a stressful process! I've been waitlisted at my 2 top choices, rejected from 2, accepted at Saint Mary's and I'm still waiting to hear back from 1 more. I received my letter today in the mail from SMC and it didn't have much information other than that they would be sending out more material and emails about the program and campus. SMC is a little farther away from my hometown than I would like it to be, so I'm unsure if I'll be attending. If the last school I'm waiting on turns out to be an acceptance, I'll be declining my SMC offer, so hopefully that helps! If it's another waitlist or a rejection, I'll probably visit the campus and department and make a final decision from there. Hoping we end up being accepted off the waitlists!

I was rejected at my last school which sucks! I really thought I'd at least get a waitlist there. I emailed SMC and will be setting up a campus visit probably the week before April 15th!

I was going to visit campus, but the financial office just informed me that they will only be offering federal loans to graduate students - no scholarships, grants, GA/TA positions, or tuition reduction.  Its $50K for the entire program and since I would have to move out of state, that's more expenses I have to worry about.  I have a little bit of money saved up, but I've been waitlisted at 3 other schools, so I think I'm going to wait it out.  I'll be declining Saint Mary's offer - hope this helps someone else!

• 3 weeks later...