Yale F&ES vs Columbia SIPA

envmgmt

Hi all,

New to this forum and would really appreciate some help with making my decision. I am an international student (have been out of school for almost 6 years now) and I am in the very lucky position to have been accepted, with funding, to several schools for a masters in Environmental Management and Policy concentrating in Energy. I'm having a hard time making the very important decision so I'd appreciate your inputs on my situation. My 2 preferred choices are Yale F&ES's MEM and Columbia SIPA's MIA, both with a concentration in Energy and the Environment.

Both programs are very much aligned with my interests. 

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks  :)

I am under the same situation, as an international student I am not sure how both schools rank in the field and which one is better to secure jobs after graduation. The smaller classes at Yale are a plus in terms of learning experience, however the bigger network at Columbia also helps a lot. I am under the impression that SIPA holds more events for the students to network too and while both schools have an amazing reputation in general, Yale's brand seems to be more prestigious. Additionally, I really love New York and all that it offers and am very concerned with New Haven's bad rep. One thing is for sure, New Haven is cheaper than New York. Really torn between both schools, would love to hear what others think.  :unsure:

Yale FES is very prestigious, especially if you want to go into an environment-focused field. I would go with whichever school offers better/any funding since they're both great choices.

Thank you rising_star!

Both schools offered approx 60% tuition, hence my dilemma. Deep down I think I'm leaning towards Yale FES since in the end it would be cheaper. But I love both schools, this is such a difficult decision to make.

I am under the same situation, as an international student I am not sure how both schools rank in the field and which one is better to secure jobs after graduation. The smaller classes at Yale are a plus in terms of learning experience, however the bigger network at Columbia also helps a lot. I am under the impression that SIPA holds more events for the students to network too and while both schools have an amazing reputation in general, Yale's brand seems to be more prestigious. Additionally, I really love New York and all that it offers and am very concerned with New Haven's bad rep. One thing is for sure, New Haven is cheaper than New York. Really torn between both schools, would love to hear what others think.  :unsure:

I know CantHardlyWait, this decision is stressing me so much. I will be attending the Open Houses to get a better feel of both programs and see which one I think will be a better fit for me. 

• 3 weeks later...