For those with acceptances, care to share funding details?

TXInstrument11

Describe the highest offer or the offer of your top choice.  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have summer funding?

• Yes, guaranteed 12 month funding
    • Probably - chance for getting summer funding probable
    • Maybe - must apply for summer funding
    • No, and no opportunities for summer funding described so far
  2. 2. What is your guaranteed annual living stipend? (excluding tuition amount and summer if you must apply separately)

• <$10,000
    • $11-$15K
    • $16-20K
    • $21-29K
    • $30-39K
    • $40K+
    • N/A - No living stipend offered
  3. 3. Is tuition covered (either by waiver or as portion of funding package)?

• Yes - 12+ credits/semester or 100%
    • Yes - partial <12 credits/semester or <100%
    • No, I would have to pay out of pocket to cover tuition

I thought it would be helpful if the data sheet were condensed into a poll asking the more important questions about funding. 

I hope this poll will be helpful for everyone making decisions on acceptances.

This isn't meant to be a pissing contest or an exercise in self-flagellation - just the data [knowledge is power and all that].

Notes

• The data would quickly become rocky if I asked about multiple offers, so please just go with your top choice or most generous offer. 
  • Also, if you haven't yet received a funded offer, but are reasonably hopeful about receiving one before April 15th, I would wait it out. 
  • Be sure to check your stipend totals against cost-of-living in the school's area when assessing the generosity of the funding. I wanted to add this in, but GradCafe limits polls to 3 questions. 
Edited by TXInstrument11

• 2 months later...

One thing I'd like to know is whether or not everyone received health insurance paid for by their package or if you have to buy it on your own.

That is a good point. I have to pay about $2500 a year for health insurance through the university.

One thing I'd like to know is whether or not everyone received health insurance paid for by their package or if you have to buy it on your own.

Health insurance is covered by my package at my program.

I wish all schools/programs posted this information on their website. I know some do but others are so mysterious about it. It's an important part of deciding what school to go to, it should be readily available. 

I have voted on here and my program includes health insurance along with the stipend! My now advisor is the one who told me the funding package but my program's funding info is on its website!

Edited by FantasticalDevPsych