Could you recommend journals of Communication?.

Hey guys! I'm an international student. I've been admitted to an MA program in Media Studies. So, I wanna prepare for graduate studies and know which American or international journals are reputable in the field of media. Could you please let me know it?

Edited by Moolteeshoo

Here's the ranking system my professor in Media Studies advises us to use. In the greater communication field, before are a few of prestigious journals:

Human Communication Research

Journal of Communication

Communication Theory

But, just because the journal is currently highly ranked doesn't mean much if it's not in your interests. The best bet is to find a researcher you like, find their CV and see where they're publishing and who they are quoting are published in. Ranking is only in retrospect and is all based on who cited who and how often. Check out google scholar too.

What's your interest? And where are you coming from? If you're from China or Taiwan, a lot of the research I look at comes from there and has just been republished in English in journals like Computers and Education, so there may not be as big of a difference as you think!

Edited by lewhitman

@lewhitman Thank you for letting me know the useful information! I'm interested in media business, media economics, media critics and behavior patterns of media audiences. And I'm from (South) Korea, but I'm gonna read Computers and Education too. So, thanks again, the information is also helpful. :)

Edited by Moolteeshoo