Late application / rolling admissions deadlines?!

Reggie Hauser

On Friday (the 13th), I decided to make a change in my life. After putting it off for too long, I'm finally going apply to graduate school in fiction. However, I'm afraid I missed most deadlines.

A writer friend pointed me to the Stonecoast Low Residency MFA...I talked to someone in the office and they're going to get my application by Friday, but do people know about other programs that have rolling admissions? 

Thanks for any help.

R.

On Friday (the 13th), I decided to make a change in my life. After putting it off for too long, I'm finally going apply to graduate school in fiction. However, I'm afraid I missed most deadlines.

A writer friend pointed me to the Stonecoast Low Residency MFA...I talked to someone in the office and they're going to get my application by Friday, but do people know about other programs that have rolling admissions? 

Thanks for any help.

R.

Unfortunately, I've never heard of any programs with rolling admissions or a deadline past Feb 1st. 12 of the schools I applied to had deadlines around December. The other two were Jan 1st and Feb 1st. You may have to stick around 'til next season. That's actually what I did this time. I made the choice to apply in December 2013. But I realized there was just way way way too much to do to meet the deadlines. It might be beneficial to wait a year. It'll give you the time to work on your application. Rushing applications is a dangerous thing to do. Best of luck. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Western Kentucky University is starting an MFA this year and their deadline is April 17th and it's fully funded from the sound of it: http://wku.edu/english/mfa_creative_writing.php

Also, I think that UC Riverside has a later admission deadline, but the deadline to be considered for funding passed in January. Like Jforms said, you may want to hang on and apply for next year.

Happy writing! 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for those tips. I hadn't heard about the Western Kentucky program..."fully funded" seems great, but that faculty list looks pretty abysmal. 

If you've made a life-changing decision at the last moment, you owe it to yourself to wait for the proper deadlines (Sept thru Dec). Apply to a range of good schools, you'll only go once and it will be over before you know it.