What does this even mean?!?!

CFBrown

I checked in on my application status last weekend with a faculty member at my top choice. She told me the rest of the faculty found me to be a very strong candidate and chose to admit me into their program. However, the university's graduate admissions office says my application is still "under review." WTF?

Other people have already gotten their acceptance emails and I'm still waiting...What could this possibly mean? Why does my application still need to be reviewed if the committee admitted me? Is anyone else in this situation?

I'm trying to make my decision soon and the only thing I need to know about at this point is if there will be enough funding to make it happen. April 15 is less than a month away and I still don't have all the info I need...

The department committee makes decisions on who to admit and then sends the acceptance information to the graduate studies office for approval.

Don't worry. I am sure the graduate studies office will get to your application soon. :)

Do you think they could be rethinking about how much funding they wanna offer me and my poor GRE scores?

Not likely. It takes time for the schools to update everything online. The process isn't always standard. I received unofficial acceptances this year far earlier than some of my peers, but they received their funding information before I did. It's just a fluke of the system because there is so much that admissions need to do during this time of year.

For all the schools that I heard from unofficially before I got the official offer, the portal remained as "under review" (or the school's equivalent) until I got the official offer. Don't sweat it.

I think you're talking about USC, and they emailed me my acceptance like, 3 days before it was updated on usconnect. They are evil, but you are fine!

Jenn, you caught me. I'm guilty. :rolleyes: