Interested in MPH later

SLPH2b

I'm currently awaiting decisions from another Master's program, a really competitive professional health program, but I'm also setting my sights on getting an MPH later on in life. I'm basically preparing myself now so that I can build a great resume to get admitted to an MPH program.

I have 2 years of research experience (genetic lab and cancer drug development private company), 2 years of rehab therapy (program I'm hoping to get admitted to), and currently working as an RA in public health on health services research/dissemination. I know it seems as though I'm all over the place but it took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do. Eventually, I would like to get into global health/program implementation of rehab services in developing countries/organization and management of health services system (I just need to get through getting into a rigorous rehab Master's program). 

I have a BA in biology from a top public university, so I've taken all the math and science requirements. Any additional "pre-requisites" I should prepare for? 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/input!

Most Global Health programs do not have any pre-requisites. The best thing you could do for your application is getting involved in a public health organization. It doesn't have to be a global organization, but that would help for global health programs. Other than that, it seems that you'll have a pretty competitive application, assuming you don't have terrible scores (which I'm assuming you don't). 

MPH programs aren't all that competitive. Just about 2 years of public health experience + maybe some global experience + 75%+ in GRE scores + 3.5+ GPA will get you into the top programs.

Thank you for your input, @IntriguedStudent @holykrp!

I forgot to mention that I have attended a couple of medical missions. I could use that as additional experience.

Thank you for your input, @IntriguedStudent @holykrp!

I forgot to mention that I have attended a couple of medical missions. I could use that as additional experience.

Oh, well, you should be ready to apply now, then! Depending on whether you've taken the GRE and all that jazz