Stanford, LSE, or Northwestern... which to choose?

Offers are all here, but which to choose?

• Stanford's East Asian Studies: [thoughts] it's def the best school but the major might be too vague? though there's the possibility of me molding it into something more concrete, by focusing on economics and culture. oh, the weather is nice there too - that's always a plus
  • Northwestern's Integrated Marketing Communications - the more practical major, so better?
  • LSE/USC International Media & Communications (dual degree) - it's London baby, and this major is ranked No.2 in its field in the world. But for undergrad I did media and communications too, so would it be repetitive? 

Would love some insights on the programs or recommendations on where I should go!!!! 

Edited by gradschoolowl

Congratulations on your offers!

I don't know very much about your field but I know quite a lot about LSE and a bit about Stanford. I wouldn't worry about Stanford's degree being too vague because the university's reputation will counter that and you'll develop more of a focus while you're there. In terms of student experience, LSE and Stanford are extremely different (sprawling, sunny campus vs. no real campus in the heart of an enormous city), so if that's something that matters to you, it might swing your decision.

I did my master's degree at UCL and my roommate was at LSE, so if you have any questions about living in London as a grad student, feel free to hurl them my way!

I've been accepted into Northwestern's IMC program this fall too! However, they're more of a long shot for me now as I'm more interested in other programs related to PR. Not to mention, it was the most expensive program I applied to and I'm not confident that funding will be there once I complete the financial aid form.

• 1 month later...

Offers are all here, but which to choose?

• Stanford's East Asian Studies: [thoughts] it's def the best school but the major might be too vague? though there's the possibility of me molding it into something more concrete, by focusing on economics and culture. oh, the weather is nice there too - that's always a plus
  • Northwestern's Integrated Marketing Communications - the more practical major, so better?
  • LSE/USC International Media & Communications (dual degree) - it's London baby, and this major is ranked No.2 in its field in the world. But for undergrad I did media and communications too, so would it be repetitive? 

Would love some insights on the programs or recommendations on where I should go!!!! 

Have you decided yet?  If you want, I have some thoughts on LSE&USC for their dual degree program, as well as LSE in general.  I appreciated my time here at LSE but am more than willing to give you candid insight about the program, both its strengths and weaknesses.  LSE has an extensive network, depending on what you want to do, especially if it's in media and comm...  Ultimately, I think it depends on what you want to do after your master's degree(s).  Feel free to PM me for more info.

Northwestern's program is something like $120K...LSE for a 1 years MSc is max $60K. Stanford's program seems like it's out of your interest range. Combined with your enthusiasm for London, I think LSE sounds like the right choice :)

Good luck!