Biostatics Questions: Looking to do certification before grad school

Hello,

I have a question and am new to this forum so I hope this is the right place to post this.

I graduated undergraduate about 1 year ago with a degree in Economics and Public Health. Currently I am working at a very well known hospital as a Data Analyst and will be receiving a promotion next week. I am realizing that I think I want a job that is more math oriented and where I can feel as though I am making a bigger impact on the world, so I have been looking at Master's programs in Biostats.

I do not plan on getting my Master's for at least another year or two, but here is my question: Are they any certificates that I could do online to "test the waters" so to speak or that would help me with applying to grad programs.

I only ask this because my job will pay 6k a year towards education, so I thought maybe I shouldn't waste that money. Even if I just brush up on my calculus with it, I am assuming that would be helpful.

So does anyone know of any useful certifications or online classes?

Much thanks.

Thank you! I think however, I should have mentioned that I am specifically looking for online only certifcations/courses. Since I work full time, it is very hard for me to complete any in-person certifications.

Would learning a programming language (not sure which one), taking a course in SAS or Stata, or refreshing my calculus skills be beneficial?

Thank you! I think however, I should have mentioned that I am specifically looking for online only certifcations/courses. Since I work full time, it is very hard for me to complete any in-person certifications.

Would learning a programming language (not sure which one), taking a course in SAS or Stata, or refreshing my calculus skills be beneficial?

In that case, I would go with the Data Science Certificate on Coursera.  The track includes statistics and R programming courses that will serve you well for school and beyond.  I believe Coursera also has calculus and linear algebra courses you can take individually as well.

https://www.coursera.org/specialization/jhudatascience/1

From the website:

This online certificate program is designed for working biostatisticians, such as data manager  and analysts, who are not formally trained and want to improve their technical, mathematical and computational skills.