Size of MTS programs at Duke and BC?

jtd

Hi everyone - this is a simple question, but I can't find the answer on the schools' respective sites: how many MTS students are there in each cohort at Duke Divinity and Boston College? I can find the total school enrollment In both cases (including MDiv, ThM, etc.), but I don't see the MTS numbers anywhere.

Any supplemental information (class sizes, ratio of MDiv/MTS students in classes, etc.) would also be welcome.

No clue on exact numbers, but Duke will have far fewer MTS students. Duke tends to take way more MDiv's and way less MTS students than all of the big name divinity schools (and smaller ones too I suspect).

BC, on the other hand, will have more MTS students than MDiv, due, I suspect, to the Catholic Church's stance on women clergy (also an 'issue' at ND).

Both have their benefits. At Duke you will be in class with more MDiv students. BC's MTS, I think, is more open in its requirements.

if you want specific numbers just email admissions at both.

Hi everyone - this is a simple question, but I can't find the answer on the schools' respective sites: how many MTS students are there in each cohort at Duke Divinity and Boston College? I can find the total school enrollment In both cases (including MDiv, ThM, etc.), but I don't see the MTS numbers anywhere.

Any supplemental information (class sizes, ratio of MDiv/MTS students in classes, etc.) would also be welcome.

If I remember correctly, I was told at my visit that Duke makes about 15 offers for admission out of about 150 applications.  Have not idea if that is accurate or not or how that equates to size of the program?

If I remember correctly, I was told at my visit that Duke makes about 15 offers for admission out of about 150 applications.  Have not idea if that is accurate or not or how that equates to size of the program?

I did my masters apps 2-4 years ago. Last I heard it was more like 30 offers for a total admit of 20. The wait list is used to varying degrees depending not he circumstances of each year, but I suspect there is quite a bit of fluidity to it since only 4 students get full scholarships.

Thanks everyone. I took your advice, sacklunch, and just emailed admissions at the schools - I'll post their answers here, in case anyone searches the forum for the same question in the future.

Duke:

The MTS program welcomes a cohort of approximately 20 students per year (about 40-45 students total). [...] A majority of students are enrolled in the M.Div. (our incoming cohort is usually 150, for approximately 425-450 at one time). Our other programs are a bit smaller, enrolling between 5 a year (Th.D.) and 15-20 (D.Min., M.A.C.P., M.A.C.S.).

Boston College:

We have 380 total students at the STM. [...] In the MTS program, 30 new students begin each year.