Initial acceptance, but no word in weeks?!

WTBA

I applied to an MA program with a deadline of March 1 to be considered for funding.

I kept checking my application status online, and on March 12, my status was changed to "unconditional admit graduate."

On the 19th, I received a letter (via snail mail) from the grad school saying I was admitted, and that further information would be coming from my department.

On the 20th, I received a letter (also via snail mail) from the associate dean, congratulating me on my admission.

Both of the above were likely generic form letters.

It is now March 31st, and I have received nothing via snail mail or email from the actual department.

I am really starting to worry. Is this long of a delay common? Maybe the department didn't admit me, but the grad school did?

Anyone going through (or have gone through) anything similar?

I have also checked the results on the site here, and there is no mention of any acceptances from this program yet.

Thanks.

Your title says no word in weeks but that isn't true. You heard on March 20 and it is the 31st.  That is 11 days.  I don't think you have any reason to be worrying yet.  If you're concerned contact the department.

Your title says no word in weeks but that isn't true. You heard on March 20 and it is the 31st.  That is 11 days.  I don't think you have any reason to be worrying yet.  If you're concerned contact the department.

Haha. I guess "weeks" is not strictly accurate. If I could change it, I would. It has been almost two since the form letters, but I guess I meant "weeks" since the initial acceptance (the 12th), closer to three weeks. Plus, I have heard nothing directly from my department, which seems strange. I am worried I didn't get an email or something.

I suppose my bigger concern is waiting to hear about funding. People keep throwing around "April 15th" as some sort of deadline, and I am worried if I don't hear soon, I won't get everything in place in time.

I should have said "no word on funding."

Edited by WTBA

Deadline is 1 March and u heard 3 times from them in the same month.

They informed u two times that u r admitted and now you r worry because u did not hear from them since 20th of March.

I'm almost 4 months since I applied to 5 universities and I did not hear any single word.

if u are worry what should I do ? 

u r not just fine. u will probably get funding, assitantship and everything ( probably the degree u applied for )

Edited by Hani2015

Deadline is 1 March and u heard 3 times from them in the same month.

They informed u two times that u r admitted and now you r worry because u did not hear from them since 20th of March.

I'm almost 4 months since I applied to 5 universities and I did not hear any single word.

if u are worry what should I do ? 

u r not just fine. u will probably get funding, assitantship and everything ( probably the degree u applied for )

These are good points. I am probably overly worried.

The first time I was in grad school (a few years ago), I was accepted by three unis, but only offered funding by one of them. So, I am still worried about whether a funding offer will come. Fingers crossed.

Just a followup:

I called to inquire yesterday. I was told they had yet to make any funding decisions, but that I was on a larger list of accepted students.

Still a little nervous about whether I will get a GAship, but at least I know I'm not out of the running yet.