Jump to content

Ms in Canada or PhD in US?


Recommended Posts


I have two RA full funded offers, one Ms in canada and one PhD in us. I prefer the Ms in canada. but the point is the visa process for students of my country is always risky , Can I accept both offers and try for student visa in both Canada and US .

and see which one gives me the visa?

Isn't this Amoral?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that would be a bad idea. You should not tell a school you will attend if you are also accepting another offer. You will also likely run into problems with your student visa processing if they know that you have accepted two offers. 


I think you should pick the school you want to go to more and accept that offer and do the student visa paperwork for that country. Student visas are a standard thing and unless you have some history, if you have a legitimate offer, then you should be able to get the visa. If for some reason, the visa does not get accepted, you should contact the other school and see if their offer is still available. But don't accept both at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use