My GPA/GRE/Etc - School Psych and Community Psych

lookitssara

Hello all! I'm new to the boards as a poster, but I know when I was applying, I wanted to see everyones' numbers/etc and where they applied and got in. Therefore, I'm going to post mine in hopes it helps someone.

GPA: 3.95 , 4.0 psychology

GRE: 620V, 710Q, 4 or 4.5A

Research: Awarded undergrad grant/fellowship to conduct own analysis of previously collected data, presented at undergrad research conference, listed third author on article submitted for publication

Research Skills: literature search/review, SPSS

Volunteer: mentoring

Extracurriculars: Director of HR in student group (paid position), coordinator of mentoring program (paid position), on advisory board for undergrad research

Experience with children/adolescents: years of childcare/nanny/etc, that's all

Letters of Rec: 1 from job supervisor, 2 from rockstars in community psych field

Community Psychology

University of Illinois - Chicago Invited to interview (I turned it down)

DePaul University - Chicago Invited to interview (I turned it down)

University of Virginia Straight on rejection (FYI, they only take 2-3 students per year...I had no idea)

Vanderbilt University (Community, Research, and Action) Admitted

School Psychology

Michigan State University Admitted

University of Virginia (School/Clinical) Rejected (shoot, they hate me in Virginia!)

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think so, for the school/clinical program anyways. My GRE scores and GPA were above or at average for those admitted, I had great letters of rec...and I didn't even score an interview. I will note that on the school/clinical page, they have a mini-bio for all the students, and I noticed the vast majority of them were SUPER STARS and/or had done clinical-esque things after undergrad before they entered the program (so maybe this is something they look very favorably on). My guess is that UVA is much more competitive than people assume.