When to expect financial aid offer?

BunnyMeadows

I've been accepted to several MSW programs, and am unclear about financial aid.

Do I have to accept admission, send in the deposit, etc. before the school notifies me of a Fin Aid award, if any? Or does the offer come after admission?

I submitted the FAFSA back in February, and updated it with 2014 tax info on 3/30/15. 

I have received a scholarship from one program - but it would only cover about 1/3 of very expensive tuition (and Im not wiling to go into debt for $50K+).

Another school has in-state tuition reciprocity with my state, and I'm hoping I'll be approved for that.

Two other schools - major research universities - have been a little "skittish" when I mention assistantships or in-state tuition (I would be a nonresident). I love the programs, but the idea of paying $30K/year for tuition at a public university is tough.

Can someone clarify when/if universities make award offers? 

Thank you!

Do I have to accept admission, send in the deposit, etc. before the school notifies me of a Fin Aid award, if any? Or does the offer come after admission?

Ask them. Financial aid is different at every school, program, degree, etc.