Duke U Nicholas School or Utrecht University?

ellen_ai

Hi, guys~

I got in the Master of Environmental Management of Nicholas School of Duke University and Master of Sustainable Business and Innovation of Utrecht University in the Netherlands. Nicholas School offered me $12000 scholarship for year 2015-16, and Utrecht University offered me the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (full-tuition waiver). So now the decision is pretty much about saving money or earning a degree from a better-known institution...and it's a tough one.

I'd appreciate if people can tell me about what they think or offer insights about the programs, and lots of thanks in advance :)

When is the deadline you must reply for the offer for both schools ?

If it was for bachelor I would suggest Utrecht University since it's quite well known in Europe. But for more specialized education, I would prefer absolutely Duke university if I were you. It's one of the top20 most prestigious research universities in the world!!! I'm not sure if Utrecht University is good at research facilities..

If you have plans for Phd, choose the Nicolas School. Overall, do not forget that value > money.

When is the deadline you must reply for the offer for both schools ?

If it was for bachelor I would suggest Utrecht University since it's quite well known in Europe. But for more specialized education, I would prefer absolutely Duke university if I were you. It's one of the top20 most prestigious research universities in the world!!! I'm not sure if Utrecht University is good at research facilities..

If you have plans for Phd, choose the Nicolas School. Overall, do not forget that value > money.

Thanks for the advice! The deadline is April 15. Both master programs in Duke and Utrecht are professional master programs, but I am considering doing a PhD afterwards. 

• 2 weeks later...