Purdue vs UMD (Choice between professors)

Fishlamp

Hello, so I'm in the fortunate position of getting accepted to the ECE program at both UMD (my undergrad institution) and Purdue, with full funding. 

Purdue: 4 year fellowship

UMD: 1/2 TA, 1/2 RA position for 1 year, professor guarantees full funding all the way through.

Now I'm going into Fields and Optics for graduate school, and was offered to join a prestigious group that is quite large at Purdue, but Purdue is in the middle of corn fields, and I would like to spend some time on my social life, and not in the academic vacuum.

On the other hand, the UMD group I would be joining is small, only 2 grad students and a post-doc, researching Graphene optical devices, and is located right near DC/Baltimore

If you were in my position, what would you do? Head out into the unknown at Purdue, or stick with UMD? I'm stuck because both professors are nice, and I just don't know what to do between the two offers, because there is not an objectively clear winner here.

~Fishlamp