Advice needed on University of New Mexico

jayelbe

Hello,

I am wondering if anybody out there knows anything on the Art History Program at UNM with an emphasis on Latin America? I am thinking of applying but I can't really decide if it's a good program or not. They advertise it as being one of the best in the nation with those characteristics (the Latin American emphasis), and I see a couple of outstanding professors among the faculty, but the names I keep hearing are always U of Texas Austin, UCLA, Duke, Vanderbilt, etc. But I have lived in ABQ before and liked it pretty much, it's inexpensive, sunny, and I've still got a couple of friends there, so wouldn't mind moving back.

So anyway, if anybody out there has graduated or is enrolled in this program, and cares to share their experiences, please do so!

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

I don't know much abut the University of New Mexico, it caught my eye because GRE scores do not count, YES! :D

I am in the process of looking for advisors and I was thinking about attending SECAC conference to help me identify and network with potential advisers. I know some speakers are coming from Univ of NM. Good luck!