Professor sent me a thank you letter?

Vidoory

A PI I met with a few weeks ago sent me a "thank you email" letting me know that she would love to have me rotate in her lab. I've already accepted my offer to this program, but really not that interested in her research (and therefore didn't send her a follow-up letter like I did other researchers). I think she's a prominent researcher in the program though and really don't want to burn any bridges. How should I reply nicely, but still let her know that I won't be doing a rotation in her lab...? I'm so flattered that she would send such a email, that I'm seriously considering doing a rotation anyways.

You don't need to say that you won't be doing a rotation in her lab. I'd go with something ambiguous. Just say thank you and that you'll be considering it but it depends on how things turn out, or something like that. After all, it is possible your interests will change and you will end up wanting to work with her.

Since you'll be seeing this PI on a regular basis, it's definitely recommended not to be abrupt and disregard her invite. Even if you don't end up being in her lab for your rotation, there's a good chance you can have many collaborative opportunities with her. Realistically, since she's so open with asking you, she seems well-mannered enough that you can tell her that you are very happy at the prospects of working with her, but you have decided to rotate in different labs because they align more with your interests. End it off by indicating that you still would love the opportunity to collaborate in some way down the road. This will leave both of you in a comfortable position, and give you that opening later to revisit the notion of working with her.

I would say something along the lines of that there are more professors who you want to rotate with than you will be able to but that you would be interested in chatting about the possibility in more detail in the fall. You don't have to give a decision right now... Just say that you are interested in her work and would love to consider it as one of many possible options.

I would just completely ignore that part of her message. I'd just say "Thank you for writing, I enjoyed our meeting a lot and I am looking forward to the opportunity of talking to you more once school starts in the fall." You don't have to make decisions about your rotations just yet and it's possible that you'll change your mind once the school year starts, so why say anything? Keep it short and positive.

I would just reply letting her know that I was flattered she took the time to contact me personally.  I would tell her that I will certainly consider her lab when looking at opportunities for rotations, but would neither make a commitment nor close a door.  At the end of the day, this is YOUR education and YOUR career and you should view it thusly.  Do not let yourself get pushed into a rotation you do not want, just so you can be the "nice guy."