Italicizing text with ednotes (LaTeX)

I am making a critical edition of a text with ednotes, attempting to italicize the biblical quotations in the main text while keeping the text which appears in the footnotes un-italicized.

If it's a simple section, placing \textit before the \Anote command works fine, eg. 

\textit{ \Anote{ in\< principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat \>Verbum }{Jn. 1:1}}

However, when not all the words in the lemma are biblical, or when lemmas overlap and I need to use \Anotelabel, I can't find a solution that keeps the footnote text un-italicized. For example,

\textit{ \Anotelabel{1}in}\pause{1} principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat \resume{1}Verbum\donote{1}{Jn. 1:1}}

returns the errors: misplaced \pause, misplace \resume, misplaced \donote, while

\Anotelabel{1}\textit{in}\pause{1} principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat \resume{1}Verbum\donote{1}{Jn. 1:1}}

compiles, but results in "in" being in italics in the footnotes.

I am using miktex with texmaker on windows, if that makes any difference at all.

Help!

Edited by telkanuru

I am making a critical edition of a text with ednotes, attempting to italicize the biblical quotations in the main text while keeping the text which appears in the footnotes un-italicized.

If it's a simple section, placing \textit before the \Anote command works fine, eg. 

\textit{ \Anote{ in\< principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat \>Verbum }{Jn. 1:1}}

However, when not all the words in the lemma are biblical, or when lemmas overlap and I need to use \Anotelabel, I can't find a solution that keeps the footnote text un-italicized. For example,

\textit{ \Anotelabel{1}in}\pause{1} principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat \resume{1}Verbum\donote{1}{Jn. 1:1}}

returns the errors: misplaced \pause, misplace \resume, misplaced \donote, while

\Anotelabel{1}\textit{in}\pause{1} principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat \resume{1}Verbum\donote{1}{Jn. 1:1}}

compiles, but results in "in" being in italics in the footnotes.

I am using miktex with texmaker on windows, if that makes any difference at all.

Help!

https://youtu.be/7BaXPg_2FJ4?t=1m18s :D

Digging through the documentation of ednotes, I found a useful command that called "IfLemmaTag", which appears to allow you supply two different versions of the text, one for the main body and one for the note.

The following line compiles the way you want it on my machine (i.e. the "in" is italics in the main text but not in the footnote)

\Anotelabel{1}\IfLemmaTag{in}{\textit{in}}\pause{1} principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat \resume{1}Verbum\donote{1}{Jn. 1:1}}

Looking at the new part carefully, 

\IfLemmaTag{in}{\textit{in}}

the thing in the first pair of { } will appear in the note and the thing in the second pair of { } will appear in the main body.

The documentation also says there is a command called "\notinnote" but that users may find \IfLemmaTag more flexible!

Hope this works!!

(PS: The documentation I was referring to is: http://mirror.math.ku.edu/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/ednotes/ednotes.pdf)

Edited by TakeruK
fixed link

Reconstructing how you got to your answer has given me a much better understanding of how to use LaTeX documentation, by the way, so thanks for that too.

Sigaba, you should learn LaTeX. I had long been looking to ditch word, and I'll not be looking back.