Will they rescind my offer?

Vidoory

I really struggled during the last semester as I was juggling work and demanding coursework at the same time. The result is that my average is now 1% below the average that my grad school conditional offer says I must maintain (76% instead of 77%). Do you think they'll rescind my offer based on this? All my previous years are well above this cut-off, and I also had a low 90 on my research thesis, which I really hope they weigh more than my marks in courses that had nothing to do with my degree...

I don't think anybody can answer this but the school itself. I would let them know ASAP. Perhaps it means there are more requirements you will be needing to take, or you will be on probabation, but it really depends on the school, program, and so many other factors, based on the limited info, it's impossible to tell.

If they aren't wiling to overlook your GPA, ask them if you can take an extra course in the summer to boost it to 77%.  Good luck.

Edited by jenste

Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't received my official grades yet, and just know from my preliminary calculations that I probably didn't make the cut-off average. I'll contact the school once I receive my final marks. When I previously went to the program, they mentioned (someone else asked) that they would not automatically rescind offers, but will look at your application on a case-by-case basis. There's not much I can do now I guess.