Online Statistics Course?

erinc

I want to apply to MSW programs but have not yet taken a statistics course, which seems to be a requirment for most programs.

Wondering if anyone knows of an online statistics course that will qualify for MSW application requirments. 

Thanks!

It varies by program what they will accept.  If it's a basic stats class from an accredited university then it will likely count but it won't be a guarantee until they actually get your transcript and approve it.  I found that many programs required the stats class before you start classes but they didn't require you to have it done before you apply.  I didn't take my stats course until I was accepted into a program.  That way I could send them the syllabus of the class I wanted to take and then made sure it would count.  I didn't want to take any more stats than I had to.  You might even be able to take it online the summer before you start your program through the same university to make it as simple as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

hyronomous4, Thank you so much! This is very helpful advice and I think I'll proceed in that direction.  Makes perfect sense.  Thanks!