Communication

bokano

I've applied to the PhD Communication program at Stanford. The only correspondence I've received was an email (02.15.2006) saying that applications were still being reviewed and that they *hope* to have all decisions made by early March.

Oooooh yes.... (apologies for people who have heard me say this a million times on other forums!). I applied to Ph.D. programs at:

U Penn-Annenberg

Rejected

Columbia

No word, likely won't hear back until after April 1st (so htey say)

NYU

They said notifications won't be made until at least March 15th

Rutgers

I have the most realistic chance of getting into this program. Hope to hear from them in mid March

Oh.Penn sucks! I do hope that they could inform people through Email rather than ask people to wait forever. I applied for the PhD programm at Stanford,PENN,and Northwestern. So far no news!

Thank you

i also got rejected by UPenn, my dream school :( but i saw on this forum that someone got an offer from Annenberg School. how i envy him/her......

i've applied to stanford too. they kept on saying that they'd received way too many applications and asked me not to contact them again, just wait for their decision :( do these schools always behave so "cool?"

I don't apply for both school you have mentioned. All the schools I applied are nice to me...except for NYU. The graduate advisor in NYU always replies my email by copy-and-paste content (tell me not to ask her question. Ask graduate school instaed). The graduate director never replies email. I wonder how can I get support from them if I get admitted, since it seems that they don't respond to students' concerns.

misfit did you get any message from NYU recently? i also applied to that program. Rutgers focused on new media and mobile phones, probably that is your research direction, right?

misfit did you get any message from NYU recently? i also applied to that program. Rutgers focused on new media and mobile phones, probably that is your research direction, right?

Nothing recently, only a letter a few weeks ago stating that they had received my materials.

My research interests vary from health communication to mediated television, which the program seems to cover.

I have also applied to NYU media ecology. Just like you, I recieved a postal mail several weeks ago, and I felt so surprised why they rejected me so quickly...

In fact it is just a notification indicating they have recieved all materials....so scary...

My friend was admitted by UW-Madison LAST YEAR, but it is the same as you said - they admitted lots of applicants but do not provide much funding. So my friend decided not to go there

I applied to the MS/PhD in communications at cornell. I received an email on Feb14th saying they had my complete application and were reviewing them. *sigh* Did anyone else apply to cornell and have you heard anything? I'm so nervous!

hi, I also applied to the MS in communication at cornell. I also received an email from them saying that they were not finished the decision-making. So the only thing I can do is to wait. Waiting drives me to nuts! when can the result be out??!! I am really nervous!

Guest Maplesyrup

I saw someone posted the acceptance from USC's communication Phd program. Duno what's his/her background? Guess mine rejection is on the way. Anyway applied their program too?

Anonymous said:

hi, I also applied to the MS in communication at cornell. I also received an email from them saying that they were not finished the decision-making. So the only thing I can do is to wait. Waiting drives me to nuts! when can the result be out??!! I am really nervous!

When did you receive the last email? I think its safe to say I'm anxious about hearing too :) I am going out of town all next week, so if a letter arrives next week, I won't receive it until the following week. Did they tell you anything about how they will tell us? via email or regular mail?

Guest Maplesyrup

It's Institute of Communication research, Phd program though...I was told USC will make their decision in mid/late March but they made it already. So, better ask if you cannot wait for the official letter. Good luck.

Guest amanda

Got accepted last week to Syracuse/Newhouse for TV/Radio/Film... more professional than academic, which is what I've seen in the forum so far. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and good luck to those who haven't yet!