Communication

bokano

Guest kristen

I applied to the masters program (Speech Com) at UIUC...still no word

In fact, still waiting on UIUC, Penn State, and Georgia.

Accepted at UW Milwaukee, Texas Austin, and Wake Forest

Going absolutely insane waiting for a response

Guest michelle830
hi, anybody heard from UMass (Amherst) and Northwestern (not the journalism dept.)? it's almost april...can't believe it...

UMass replied to my email inquiry this morning. I'm out. Did you think it was weird that they asked for so few supporting materials? What did they make this decision on? I'm really surprised by this. My interests really line up with a lot of people in the department; I thought I was a shoe-in.

I also applied to Northwestern in the Media, Technology, Society/Screen Cultures track. I've talked to the grad secretary and it seems they've made decisions that they refuse to give out over phone/email, but we should get our letters by April 1.

Yay! My rejection letter from NYU has finally arrived (Media Ecology Ph.D.). I knew that I would not get in, so it was a matter of waiting around for the inevitable to arrive. Time to now focus my positive thinking on getting into Rutgers :-)

definetly agree with u, michelle830. i actually called them and asked if they needed my CV and other stuff, and the reply was no need...i think it's really a great advantage to find a match between u and the faculty members, but the thing is, so my professor told me, it wouldn't help much if those faculty members don't have enough funding or projects at hand. so...

anyway, still waiting for the letters from Umass and Northwestern anxiously...wish all of us good luck~

Has anyone who is applying to Columbia seen this page?

https://admissions.columbia.edu/

I have been trying to check my status from the applyyourself page, but of course they have no info on admissions there. You can request an applicant ID and check your status. Does this apply to the j-school as well? It's not publicized (to my knowledge) on the j-school site, so it might be for other programs.

Info on Columbia decisions:

We are actively making admissions decisions. Decision letters will be mailed to applicants starting April 1, 2006 and continuing through April 7, 2006. Below is a tentative schedule:

M.S. Program - decision letters will be mailed April 1, 2006.

M.S. International Program - decision letters will be mailed April 5 & 6, 2006.

M.A. Program - decision letters will be mailed April 6 & 7, 2006.

Ph.D. Program - decision letters will be mailed April 1, 2006.

Good luck!

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! I called the program assistant at Rutgers and she checked my file (which had just been returned to her this morning), and I have been recommended for admission. Even if Penn, NYU, and Columbia don't want me, at least Rutgers does!

• 4 weeks later...