Jump to content

Grad school cold feet


Recommended Posts

Hi, I am just about to begin my MFA at the most amazing school, however there was another school I felt was a much better fit (also amazing) which took a while to let me know I had been accepted. By then I had accepted the first school as it was an offer too good to refuse and I had a deadline to let them know. Ever since I knew I would have had a place at the second school I have made myself sick with worry that I have made the wrong decision. The first has an incredible reputation but the course itself I don't think is quite right. I am considering not going and reapplying next year to the second but am worried this will look bad. Or I could go, give it a chance and maybe then try and reapply if all goes wrong. But I'm concerned this would make me look bad to the other school. I also think I'm going to go looking for things to dislike. But I can't shake the feeling I made a mistake. I really think the other one was a better choice for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should definitely go and give it a chance! After all, if it was such an amazing offer that you didn't even wait on other schools to give you a decision, there must have been something you found intriguing or interesting about the offer. Try to keep that in mind as you transition to your new school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use