fMRI Training

PsyDGirl

I know I saw this a while ago but didn't write it down. Can someone give me the names of the private companies that do training for grad students or researchers in MRI and CT imaging? I have tried googling it but can only find university programs and as my university doesn't offer this training I'm looking at other sources

Um, the NIH is doing an AFNI boot camp in October, but it's expensive.

But ultimately you're going to have to do some volunteer time in a lab that does fMRI in your interest area before getting a paid position. If you want the training, try the boot camp I mentioned or check out private research facilities. It is a hard area to get into, I don't know where you are in your current program but you may want to ask around your own university and see if anyone is collaborating on projects using fMRI. These will be your easiest ways in. For example, my university doesn't have any fMRI facilities, but many researchers in our Psychology department collaborate with a private facility that only does brain research.

Would love to hear from others and how they got through this challenge.

I concur with EdNeuroGrl on looking at the faculty list that conducts neuroimaging research. Alternatively, at any of the researching hospitals near where you are, see if there are any PIs willing to take on research students or volunteers.

MRI image processing software: http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/

you can download functional and structural data : https://openfmri.org/

next step is to try to find a powerpoint online that walks you through the regular steps. For example, first you register, then skull strip, then motion correction, so on and so forth.