How to be master in Verbal in one week?

abohammed

Hi everyone,

I admit that I'm not that talent in verbal.. I could get 170 in quantitative. However, I cannot predict more than 140 in verbal!!

I'm using Magoosh wordlist and their site.. what else?????? Only one week is still.........

Thanks 

Increasing your verbal score cannot be done overnight, as mastery of the English language is something you do over your lifetime.  Magoosh wordlist is probably your best bet, although I wouldn't expect that much of an improvement in your verbal score.  I would also recommend just getting use to reading passages and answering questions of equal length to the GRE test, in other words do as much practice as you can simulating real testing conditions.

Just make sure that you take it at your peak condition.

Hi abohammed,

It takes time to build up skills in any area (even your Quant skills likely took years to develop), so you can't expect to make a huge improvement in the Verbal section in just one week. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) to build up their skills and hit their 'peak' scores, so you will almost certainly need more time than you've given yourself. Thankfully, the GRE Verbal section is just a predictable and standardized as the Quant section is, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

What is your score goal?

What materials have you used?

When are you planning to apply to Grad School?

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich

Hi abohammed,

It takes time to build up skills in any area (even your Quant skills likely took years to develop), so you can't expect to make a huge improvement in the Verbal section in just one week. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) to build up their skills and hit their 'peak' scores, so you will almost certainly need more time than you've given yourself. Thankfully, the GRE Verbal section is just a predictable and standardized as the Quant section is, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

What is your score goal?

What materials have you used?

When are you planning to apply to Grad School?

Rich

I'm planning for MIT, UCB, Purdue, or stanford......... I know that it's hard target; however, I believe that I have the ability to be there.

Actually I'm not expecting more than 160 in verbal and now I realized that I could get the 20 questions of QC easier than vocub questions. 

I could solve 5/20 of vocabs easily,,,,,, and lets hope that I got the other 5 by chance....... 

Do you see that I'm realistic or not?

I'm using Maghoosh right now, practices, lessons and wordlist.

My Exam is on Wednesday

Edited by abohammed

Hi abohammed,

Since you are so close to your Test Date, there isn't much time left for any big improvements to how you deal with the Verbal section of the GRE. While knowing the vocab IS a big part of dealing with the Verbal section, many vocab-based questions are also about 'context' (knowing when a certain word should be used).

I'm interested to know how you score on Test Day, so you should report back here after you've taken the GRE. If you plan to retest, then we can talk through your study options.

Rich