CV question

That sounds like a strange thing to do.

Maybe I'll put, Ph D, X University 2015 in my CV, then argue in my SOP that they must accept me otherwise the space time continuum will tear. Just to add a cosmic dimension to it.

But regardless, you surely can find someway to mention it in your SOP or PS or somewhere, even if you care about reality as we know it :mrgreen: The effect would be the same. Especially since I'm assuming that whatever you're presenting on will be somewhat relevant to what you want to pursue.

Wrong (unless you haven't been accepted to the conference yet, but it sounds like you have been since you said "I am presenting . . . "):

That sounds like a strange thing to do.

Maybe I'll put, Ph D, X University 2015 in my CV, then argue in my SOP that they must accept me otherwise the space time continuum will tear. Just to add a cosmic dimension to it.

Right:

I disagree. If the paper has already been accepted, I think it's perfectly acceptable to include it on your CV.

Source: my advisors, who say that forthcoming achievements (publications, conferences) should be mentioned, so long as you're positive they'll be forthcoming (letters of acceptance, etc.).

Do you put some sort of forthcoming notice or anything on it?

Yeah -- for listing pubs, I've been told to give the full citation: journal name, issue number, date, page numbers, etc. So, for something forthcoming, I've been told to include journal name, issue number, and instead of the date and page numbers, write "forthcoming."

• 2 weeks later...