What are my chances?

Here are my stats and information:

Bachelor's degree in Psychology, GPA of 3.0

Currently taking SLP undergrads and have a GPA of 4.0

GRE: 154/149/4.0

I'm applying to Southern Connecticut State University (my top choice), SUNY New Paltz, and James Madison University. I currently work as an infant hearing screener and also in a daycare part-time. Are my stats good enough to get me into the schools I've listed? I know schools in the northeast are the most competitive but that's really where I want to be. I live in Virginia and went to undergrad here so I'm really only applying to JMU for my mom's sake since my parents are paying for my schooling. 

I don't want to take the GRE again because I have terrible test anxiety and I've already taken it twice. I know my undergrad GRE is bad but that's because I was totally lost and changed my major 3 times and didn't even know what SLP was until the end of my junior year. If I keep up my 4.0 GPA in my pre-req classes could I get in to these schools? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi cmm28, I am in a very similar position as you. I graduated from my first bachelor's with a 3.1. Currently doing my second bachelor's through Utah State- I have all A's, but I'm only in my first semester. My GRE scores were average- 155/152/4.0. I don't have very much experience- I worked as a nanny in my first degree and now I am a substitute teacher and a gymnastics coach. I would eventually like to apply to west coast schools, so we differ there. I am waiting at least another year to get some more CSD coursework under my belt and hopefully gain more experience. 

Your stats look decent and I think you will be okay if you keep up your good GPA. Like I'm doing, maybe look into gaining some additional experience. How did you get set up with the infant hearing screener position? That is an awesome opportunity. 

I can't tell you if you will get in to Southern Connecticut State University, but I wanted to say that with your GPA, it is definitely possible to get into grad school. I still have to hear back from most of my schools, but I have gotten into one! My undergrad GPA is 3.1, and so far my postbac (at USU) GPA is currently a 3.6.  I do have a very good resume though,  and better GRE scores.

According to EdFind, your GRE scores are within the range for Southern Connecticut. Their stated GRE range is 149-164(V), 138-157 (Q) and 3.5-5.5 (W). Obviously, if you had better scores it will only help you, but I think that your scores should be ok. I would consider emailing or calling Southern Connecticut to double check the EdFind information. 

You still have a long time before the application due. There are lots of ways to improve your application without retaking the GRE. You could beef up your resume, make sure you have good LORs, work on your SOP, etc.

I would check out this thread: http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/49929-fall-2014-less-competitive-grad-programs-applicants-thread/#comment-1058048639

I had to decide if I would rather get into grad school, or go to grad school in a location I wanted to be in. I would much rather be in grad school in the spring, than be at any specific grad school (or any particular region) at some non-specified date. It is generally easier to get into schools in the South and Midwest than on the coasts.