IHEID ADMISSIONS KICKOFF Fall 2016

El pichichi

The admissions cycle at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in GENEVA is now open for the first round. I'm about to start my application and I'm hesitating between Interdisciplinary and disciplinary. (MDEV and IR). Any input or advice would be great.

Edited by El pichichi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I have decided to apply for MA Development Studies. So that's the interdisciplinary track, I believe. I was working on the application and had a question on the thesis/publications page. Do thesis/research projects that haven't gotten published count?

Thanks!

Edited by unagi

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I have also aplied for the early decision deadline and now time is passing so s-l-o-w-l-y... I am counting the days until they get back to us in January... hopefully it would be either a "yes" or "no" and not a "we'll see in March"... good luck to you all!

Also working on my application for IHEID. I am applying to the MDev. I'm curious to know what you guys' backgrounds are, if not in development studies already. I am coming from Public Health/Global Health and the biomedical sciences.

Also, it's not explicitly mentioned, but do you think IHEID would mind if my CV is Europass format? Some universities or employers require it, others absolutely loathe it and they'd rather have a 2-page. I'm also wondering if I should apply for the scholarship; it's not really common in my country to have one, so I am fairly new to the whole process. I have collected quite some savings and I could supplement it with a loan. Ofcourse it would always be nice not to have to lend money, but I'm just really apprensive of the scholarship application process. So I'm in doubt.

On 19-10-2015 at 3:03 AM, unagi said:

Hello everyone!

I have decided to apply for MA Development Studies. So that's the interdisciplinary track, I believe. I was working on the application and had a question on the thesis/publications page. Do thesis/research projects that haven't gotten published count?

Thanks!

I think they do! You could consider it 'relevant academic written work'.

Hey there,

I am from Kenya and am applying to IHEID fall of 2016.The MDev  programme together with the scholarship.Since you guys are more informed could be having any advice though we may be on opposite sides of the 'competition'.Any advice will be totally appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

First of all, Happy New Years! I hope we all receive good news :)

I am also in the process of applying to the Graduate Institute.

I had a question regarding the financial documents.

So I don't have any professional work experience because I am still in my undergraduate studies which means my income is 0. My question is, what exactly is a tax certificate? Is a tax clearance certificate the same thing? My concern is that my parents do not have any income tax because they own a small business. Does anyone have the same experience as me? What kind of document should I be looking for? 

Another problem I have had is regarding my recommendation. So I inserted the contact details of two references. However, now that I try to insert the third one, the "save and continue" button has disappeared. 

I would appreciate the help. Thanks guys!

On 3-1-2016 at 9:00 AM, joyfuli said:

Another problem I have had is regarding my recommendation. So I inserted the contact details of two references. However, now that I try to insert the third one, the "save and continue" button has disappeared.

I am assuming this is because you only need two references? So therefore there might only be two slots to enter contact details. I haven't gone through the entire process yet, so I can't say for sure.

I wanted to get all my documents together first, so I could do the entire application in one go. But now I found out that one of my refs basically has no time and asked me to write the LOR myself. So now I have to go do that :/ stresssssss