What schools to aim for with this GRE score?

BioDude2016

Hey, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to post my stats.

155V/159Q/4.0AWA

I don't intend to retake the GRE given that I'm not a stellar standardized test taker (Not really a skill that I acquired growing up in Puerto Rico)

What kind of schools should I aim for with these scores? Will it be possible for me to get into top 5 schools for Biology (i.e Harvard, Stanford)?

I have a 3.9+ cumulative and major GPA from a Big Ten university and have taken several graduate-level courses within my major (Genetics).

No recommendation on this forum is going to be as beneficial as digging into the websites of the schools you're interested in.  Figure out where and who you want to study with, then look at your scores and see if it's feasible. 

That being said, anytime you're talking about top-notch schools you typically need a grand slam in all areas: recommendations, SOP's, GRE scores, GPA, and research experience;  however, from what I understand, if you have acceptable scores (your scores) it's possible to land your dream school, assuming the rest of your application is perfect.  Just remember there are people studying and taking the GRE every single day that want into the same programs at the same schools.  Some of them might be as qualified (or more) as you, so you might want to consider retaking the test.  Then again, maybe you don't!!

Dig a little deeper into the forums and you'll find answers to questions you didn't even know you had.  These forums are legit, that's why I rarely post anything.... darn near everything has already been said.  Good luck Dude!

Thanks for your input! 

I've looked up all of my schools online and most of them do not provide a particular range :/ 

Because of that, I just wanted to see if there was someone here that applied to these schools that could give me more insight about where I stand. :) 

Thanks for your input! 

I've looked up all of my schools online and most of them do not provide a particular range :/ 

Because of that, I just wanted to see if there was someone here that applied to these schools that could give me more insight about where I stand. :) 

Magoosh compiled some GRE ranges for those top schools for biology. But for top 10 you would want to score 162> for verbal although that's still a rough estimate. I've emailed some admission committees and in their words "above 75-80%" for all GRE scores. This would be competitive and would not harm your application and directly cause a rejection, I would think. Princeton and Duke has very detailed scores on their page you can check that.