Transcripts

If I am a senior in undergraduate studies and applying for grad programs for the fall 2016 semester, and my grades for the current semester will be released late December, should I send my transcripts immediately or check "hold for grades"?  All of my applications are due January 15th or later.  

I think schools will probably want to see your fall grades, especially if you're applying straight out of undergrad. Someone else might have more of an idea than me, though. I didn't major in com dis, so I might be totally wrong, too!

If it's through CSDCAS, I'd send them now and then do the update once grades are released because you won't want to wait until the end of December for them to start the verification process. That's what I'm doing. 

None of the programs to which I'm applying use CSDCAS :(
I have to send 18 total transcripts (I attended 3 schools for undergrad and am applying to 6 graduate programs).  Ugh, I'm going to be poor. 

Edited by eggfish

The whole process is so expensive. What kills me is how different transcript costs are. One of mine cost $17-18 for one school because I had to attach a special coversheet per CSDCAS. The other two were $4 and $6.

For me, one school is 5 dollars, the second is 15, and the third is 25 dollars per transcript.  

I hope they're using really nice paper.

Do any of your schools take unofficial transcripts? I only had to buy two - one for me (for the unofficial transcript schools) and one for CSDCAS, though I see you mentioned none of your schools are on CSDCAS.

@esopha 

It turns out U of Washington only requires official transcripts if I actually get in.

I asked one of my professors, and he said to wait until grades for this semester are released. 

Edited by eggfish