Applying to foreign Universities

cosmicfaiz

I'm current in the last year of my Bachelors in physics and am preparing for GRE as well to apply in universities mainly in UK. 

The question is while reviewing my application what things or exams other than GRE will be helpful to stand out of the crowd. Will any other exam like SAT, TOEFL or IELTS be of any help? i am also confused as to how to hunt for universities or make my list of universities to apply to? Imperial college of London is one college i keenly want to get admitted to. What are the things i should keep in mind before applying to good universities?

Thanks for your response :)

• 1 month later...

If you are an international student, either the TOEFL or IELTS test will be required pretty much everywhere you apply. The SAT's are actually for college admissions rather than for grad schools so I don't think they will be any help at all. Also, if you are international, the GRE general test will also be mandatory. Depending on your program, the GRE subject test may also be either required or highly recommended- doing well on these tests as an international student could be extremely helpful in making you a competitive applicant. 

Good luck !

UK universities don't care much about GRE or similar tests. If you are a US National and have studied in the USA (or same for Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders) for undergraduate you won't need any proof of English language. 

Yeah I'd like to second that the UK doesn't base admissions off standardised tests, so GRE scores will not help or hurt your application, they just mean very little. 

As others have said, your IELETS, TOEFL grade will be required if you have not done your bachelors at an English-speaking university, or you are a native speaker. Otherwise, this is important. 

What is of import is your personal statement outlining your research interests/research proposal depending on whether you are applying for a masters or PhD respectively. The content and approach to applications will differ accordingly.